- MOVIE: Cancer: The Emperor of All Maladies, based on the Pulitzer Prize-winning book by Siddhartha Mukherjee, tells the complete story of cancer, from its first description in an ancient Egyptian scroll to the gleaming laboratories of modern research institutions.
- Pet Therapy for Cancer
- NBC NEWS: 9 million smokers should get yearly lung screening, task force says
- Task Force Recommends Lung Cancer Screening for High-Risk Populations [U.S. Preventative Services]
- Gene-Sequencing Transforming Cancer Treatment (Video)
Wall Street Journal, 08/12/2013:
A growing number of cancer practices are sequencing the DNA of tumors to uncover their genetic abnormalities. The aim: to pair a drug with the specific mutation fueling a patient’s disease. UC San Francisco’s Dr. Trever Bivona discusses.
- What does smoking do to the human body? Visit this site for an eye-popping, interactive view of the effects of tobacco on the human body: http://tobaccobody.fi/m_en.php
- World Lung Cancer Day is August 1, 2014 – Proclaimed by the City of North Port, FL